Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Nikon SB910

Hey guys,

So recently I order a Nikon SB910. I know... I'm slow, but doesn't matter. The delivery was from Hong Kong and it was very fast.


Huge packaging


Huge Box


The box of the flash


So yea... I forgot to take photos of the flash itself. I also bought a few batteries for it. Specifically 2 sets of 4 Sanyo XX/XXX (unsure how many Xs are there) and 4 normal Sanyo Eneloops.


The batteries


I actually like the sheen of the black batteries. So anyway, I took out the SB910 and played with it on my D3 after setting it up to my preferences. Feels as good as SB900 and supposedly similar performances. I like the light up buttons (which matches the D4 but works with my recently acquired D700 and D3. It should work with pretty much all modern day DSLRs and the F6).

I love the new hard filters that comes with it, but I hate the new pouch which is similar to the SB700. Its basically a big squarish rectangle, hard to stuff in my bag. I'm currently using the SB900 case until I find an alternative. I've used it for a few events recently and it works good. Unsure of the overheating improvement since I've yet to work i that hard though, but I'll update this when I have.

The SB910's UI has changed a little and it has a dedicated menu button as well, not sure the purpose since I hardly enter the menu after setting up, only entering to turn off flash to use AF assist only but yea. The on switch feels better too for some reason.

That's pretty much it for now since nothing much has been going on actually so yea... Have a good day everyone!

No comments: