Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My first Nikkor lens!

Hey guys!

So yea... I'm currently in the office right now (though the time probably listed is off since I created this entry last night :S its 9:14am on Tuesday 20th April 2011). Too tired to blog last night... Anyway! Yesterday I didn't do much. Basically went to work then I left late for Kovan to pick up my new item after which I raced home to get my 35mm macro lens to sell to a guy at Redhill. So yea... I miss my 50-200 more than my 35mm, seeing how I hardly used it.

Left with my trusty old E-3 (:(), 50mm macro and 7-14. Sad to see them go really... But seriously have to move on, I'm halfway there! Someone please buy my stuff! Continuing from my last post about changing my gear. If I were shooting as a hobby or my family, I'd be happy to stay with it until its probably gone and migrate to he PENs but sadly... That isn't the case since as said, I intend to try and turn pro. Sadly... :/

So anyway! My new item is this!




Yup!!! Nikkor 50mm f1.4D lens!

Look at it!


The front element was huge! f1.4! The last time I handled this lens was years ago. Now I own one :D. There was a little dust inside, pretty normal. In relatively good condition, it can pass off as mint in fact! Except the lens cap is wrong... Its not the center pinch one, but well... Since I ain't using a hood, it doesn't matter.

The guy had the box and the bubble wrap (the bubble wrap didn't feel very inflated though :/) and said he lost the Styrofoam, but after opening and seeing and trying to take it out to take a picture for you guys to see, its a bit hard to believe but not of any importance actually. Its a 50mm lens, but look at the styrofoam's "engraving"!



Yep! It says AF28mm f2.8! It seems a little bigger than the 50mm f1.4D though... Oh well! The picture below shows the 2 50mm I own, the 50mm f1.4D from Nikon and the 50mm f2 macro from Olympus. Funny how the Olympus one is bigger and only f2 though they've always pride themselves as making things smaller... Then again, a little unfair since the 50mm f2 is meant to be similar in view to the 100mm but then again... both are 50mm... And then again... The focusing motor is built into the lens for the Olympus one and the 50mm from Nikon is screw driven by the body.



So that's all for now! Will update tonight if there's anything else I wanna say... OH! This morning on the bus, I was reading The Amazing Spider-Man issues 635, the comic ended in quite a lame manner, with Kraven the hunter rising from the dead and Spider-man apparently dying. He dies, with blood pouring from his body, in a 8 legged fashion. Not really accurate, but what I meant was the blood like flows in 8 directions, looking like spider legs. Anyway... GOOD DAY EVERYONE!

No comments: